man, I love putting together this list every year! my top 10 movies released in 2012 are:
10. Game Change
7. The Vow
3. The Avengers
2. Les Miserables
1. The Dark Knight Rises
as for honorable mentions, I have Flight and Life of Pi. and I have to admit, I haven’t seen some potentially great movies, which I will, such as Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Lincoln, and The Impossible.
if you’ve read this far, then you must really care what I think so I’ll keep commenting. The Dark Knight Rises has to be the top spot compared to all the others. it is the end to a great, epic trilogy that changed he landscape of movies, plus what a fitting ending. maybe I put Les Miserables higher on the list because that was the last movie I watched, but wow was it powerful! so many themes and great music that almost got me to cry. I think Chronicle was a small game changer for me because that is totally how real super powers would manifest itself in the real world. Prometheus was BWAMM BWAMM BWAMM. Argo, being kind if like learning history, was riveting and had a woman in the theatre cheering them on. I love hypothetical questions and The Vow presented a whopper of one. Lawless featured some superb acting from Tom Hardy, Guy Pierce, and Jessica Chastain. and finally, Game Change was such a unique insight into what probably really happened regarding the 2008 election and Palin.
for my next top 10, let’s do tv shows!
1. Game of Thrones – action, awesome characters, fantasy creatures, and Tyrion Lannester!
2. SGU Stargate Universe – a bit of a BSG knockoff, but hey, still great!
3. Young Justice – about time DC animation came back with a regular toon
4. How I Met Your Mother – love Barney
5. Whitney – love the focus on relationship issues and the boyfriend is hilarious
6. Community – Donald Glover, a writer, stand up comic, actor and rapper!
7. Modern Family – great writing every episode
8. Dexter – finally getting into the show. it didn’t hurt Adama was the villain!
9. Walking Dead – zombies!
10. Warehouse 13 – quirky and fun, plus you get some history
and for honorable mention, the new marvel anime shows – Iron Man, X-Men, and Wolverine. just couldn’t quite get into them. but, def looking forward to next year’s return of Games Of Thrones and maybe, just maybe a premiere of a new sci-fi show!
i like year end recaps of the best and worst. sometimes i agree, sometimes i whole heartedly disagree. well, here’s my top movies of the year.
- The Adjustment Bureau – who wouldn’t do anything for love? and dang it Matt Damon is charming!
- X-Men: First Class – Kevin Bacon made a great villian and this movie put Michael Fassbender on the map
- Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocols – i want to be Ethan Hunt.
- Crazy Stupid Love – one of three for the Ryan Gosling trifecta
- Thor – i’ve really gotten into Thor ever since Oliver Coipel started drawing it. plus Natalie Portman!
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon – i don’t care what you say, it was just good fun.
- Ides of March – two of three for Gosling, i love political thrillers.
- Hanna – one of the best escape scenes i’ve ever seen.
- Limitless – seriously, who wouldn’t take that pill.
- The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo – shocking murder mystery.
and while i’m at it, here’s my 5 worst of the year, that i actually watched.
- The Green Hornet
- Hangover Part 2
- Midnight in Paris
- Drive Angry
- Scream 4
ps. number 11 would’ve been Drive, making that the third Gosling movie.
agree? disagree? give me your comments or your top 10 movies of the year!